Has anyone else been feeling a little déjà vu? During the Chinese New Year 2023 season earlier this year, we saw rabbit-themed snacks,ang baos,bags andeverything. Now, less than twomonths later, bunnies are hopping back into our IG feeds and bus stop ads once more for Easter.
Welcome to the season of fluffy yellow chicks, pastel painted eggs, and…a surprising range of sweet Easter promotions and deals. We round up the best promotions and deals this Easter season has to offer, including $5 jiggly castella cake, up to 63 per cent off teak furniture, and an enormous Easter buffet brunch with over 300 Easter themed dishes.
1. Ah Ma Homemade Cake: $5 original castella cake
Remember those jiggly cake cutting videos on TikTok?
They're actually castella sponge cakes, and Singapore has its very own Ah Mah Homemade Cake selling these giant pillows of soft, fluffy, eggy goodness. These cakes are so light that it's easy to inhale half the box before you can stop yourself —trust me, I speak from experience.
This Good Friday and Easter period, Ah Mah Homemade Cake is having a purchase-with-purchase promotion: Get an original castella cake at $5 (usual price: $9.50) when you buy another flavoured castella cake. These are the available flavours and their prices:
- Banana Walnut ($12.50)
- Pandan ($12.50)
- Cheese ($12.50)
- Marble ($12.50)
- Ondeh ($13.50)
- Salted Egg ($13.50)
- Chocolate ($14.50)
$5 original castella cake (with purchase) —Ah Ma Homemade Cake
- Dates: Now till April 16, 2023 (Unless they’ve already fixed it, you might see their Instagram post caption sayApril 14, 2023, while the photo says April 16. We called them to double check the last day is indeed April 16!)
- Address: Paya Lebar Square #B1-46 / VivoCity #B2-K7
- Contact: 84181772
- Where to buy:Grab your cakes in-store or online from now till April 16, 2023.
2. Cocoa Trees: Easter sale, Easter bags, and sure-win prizes
Easter isn't complete without chocolate eggs, and The Cocoa Trees might just be the best place to stock up on them. They've named their Easter sale "Off With The Eggs", and are taking up to 37 per cent off a range of chocolate eggs. Some of these deals include:
- Buy two, save 25 per cent: Reese's Gold Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Bunny, Hershey's Kisses Egg Hunt Milk Chocolate, and Hershey's Cookies 'N' Creme Polka Dot Eggs
- Buy threefor $12 (U.P. $6.40 for one): Zaini Chocolate Eggs Tripacks (Paw Patrol, Hello Kitty, Avengers, Tsum Tsum, Disney Princess, Toy Story, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Hot Wheels)
Don’t forget to check out The Cocoa Trees'cute Easter bags in-store and their non-Easter, regular promotional deals while you’re at it. These also count towards the minimum $50 spend (online or in-store) to get you a sure-win egg prize containing a voucher or gift of some kind.
You will need to sign up as a member to redeem your golden egg, but membership is free and comes with a bonus $5 voucher (minimum $30 spend) on your first purchase. Pretty worth it for chocoholics!
Psst, if you're purchasing your Easter goodies online, use your UOB card to get eightper cent off with minimum $80 spend with the promo code UOBCOCOA.
Easter sure-win prizes at The Cocoa Trees
3. LPB Market: Easter Sale 2023 - Chocolates, hampers and feasts
LPB Market is a French deli that sells cheeses, cold cuts, and meats. For Easter, they've also stocked up on a large assortment of chocolate eggs and chocolate Easter bunnies, all currently on sale. On top of the chocolate feast, also on sale are cheese platters, premium lamb and beef cuts, and festive Easter hampers that look like something out of an Enid Blyton story.
LPB Market: Easter Sale 2023
- Date: Ongoing now, end date unspecified.
- View LPB Market Easter 2023 items online
4. Bread Street Kitchen & Bar: 7kg golden XXL chocolate egg giveaway
Bread Street Kitchen & Bar (yes, that Gordon Ramsay restaurant) is going big this Easter with a ginormous Easter egg giveaway. No cute, palm-sized chocolate eggs here. This whopper weighs in at seven kilograms of gold-covered dark chocolate. It'll go home with two lucky diners who visit Bread Street Kitchen for lunch this Easter weekend and tuck in to their Easter set lunch menu ($88++ per person).
Bread Street Kitchen & Bar: Golden XXL chocolate egg giveaway
- Date:April 8 or 9,2023, giveaway qualification is lunch only
- Menu: View Easter menu ($88++/pax)
- Address: L1-81, The Shoppes, Marina Bay Sands, 10 Bayfront Ave, Singapore 018956
- Contact: 6688 5665
5. Grain Singapore: 10%off Ember Smokery
Easter isn't just the best time for chocolate bunnies and egg painting. It's also a fantastic time to stock up on smoked meats!
This Easter weekend, you can get 10 per cent off Ember Smokery's smoked meats at Grain Singapore with the promo code EMBERFOREASTER. Before you go ham (pun intended), do note that the discount amount is capped at $30.
Grain Singapore: 30 per cent off Ember Smokery
- Date: Now tillApril 9, 2023
- Shop Ember Smokery on Grain now.
6. InterContinental Singapore: Family-friendly Easter brunch
This Easter, threeheavyweights at InterContinental Singapore (LUCE by Davide Giacomelli, The Lobby Lounge, and Man Fu Yuan) are teaming up to bring you their biggest Easter brunch yet.
The hotel's first ever Whimsical Easter Sunday Big Brunch will offer an immense spread of close to 300 Easter-themed dishes and 16 live stations and food offerings. It's the perfect Easter brunch option for families, with an indoor bouncy castle, ball pit, and an Easter Egg Hunt to keep the kids entertained.
The young ones will also love the pastel-hued, adorable egg/bunny-themed desserts, including "The Hatter", "Poison Mushroom", Easter Rainbow Macaron Tower, and "Easter Snow Egg". Adults will appreciate that these pastries and cakes are specially handcrafted by award-winning Executive Pastry Chef Desmond Lee.
Whimsical Easter Sunday Big Brunch at InterContinental Singapore
- Price: From $178++ per adult / $128++ per child (sixto 11 years old) / $88++ per child (threeto fiveyears old
- Date and time: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Address: Level One, InterContinental Singapore, 80 Middle Road, Singapore 188966
- Contact: +65 6825 1008
- View menu | View programme booklet | Book now
7. Eatigo: $5 cash voucher
Dining out this Easter holiday season? Book your restaurant reservation on Eatigo with the promo code EASTER23 to get a $5 voucher. Some other deets:
- You must dine byApril 9, 2023 (not book by April 9, 2023) with a minimum of twopax.
- The $5 cash voucher reward you receive will expire onemonth later on May 9, 2023.
- Eatigo has not specified a minimum spend on your reservation. Happy Easter!
Eatigo: $5 cash voucher
- Date: Book and dine byApril 9,2023
- Book on your Eatigo app with the promo code EASTER23
8. Butter Studio: Cute Easter cupcakes and cookies
On a cuteness scale of oneto ten, Easter-themed pastries and bakes always rank at least 11. Just look at these adorable cupcakes from Butter Studio!
These Easter-themed sweet treats are available for a limited time only, from now till April 9,2023. Here's a list of the products and their prices:
- Sweet Easter Cupcakes (threedesigns) —sixfor $30
- Easter Holiday cookies (twodesigns) — sixfor $33 or onefor $5.80
- Joyful Spring Easter Box (threecupcakes+twocookies) —$27
Admittedly, these aren't the most affordable bakes. But for a one-off treat, just because it's Easter, why not splurge a little? Just be sure you use the right credit card to maximise your rewards.
Easter-themed cupcakes and cookies at Butter Studio
- Date: Now till April 9, 2023
- Where to buy: Order online
9. Krispy Kreme: Whimsical Easter donuts
What did we just say about Easter pastries being adorable? Krispy Kreme donuts have never looked this cute:
Like other limited edition Easter goodies on this list, the last day you can get your hands on these colourful donuts is April 9,2023. You can get them in-store or on your preferredfood delivery platform.
Easter-themed donuts at Krispy Kreme
- Date: Now till April 9,2023
- Where to buy: All Krispy Kreme outlets / Krispy Kreme online delivery
Lifestyle and shopping
10. Scanteak Good Friday Sale: Up to 63%off
While teak isn't the most expensive wood out there, it's certainly not cheap. So if you have your heart set on a piece of teak furniture, this Good Friday and Easter season is the perfect time to make your purchase.
Scanteak is offering up to 63 per cent off and 10+2 per cent off bedroom and storage items from April 6 to 16,2023. Some of their larger discounts include 57 per cent off a KORS three-seater sofa (now $1,499) and 61 per cent off a RINGA 3ft single bed frame (now $299).
Scanteak Good Friday Sale
11. The Brick Shop: Free LEGO Easter Basket
If your child loves LEGO (or heck, if you do —no shame!) head down to The Brick Shop from now till April 9, 2023 to get your hands on this cute, limited-edition LEGO Easter Basket. It's yours for free with a minimum spend of $115 on any LEGO sets in a single receipt.
The Brick Shop: Free LEGO Easter Basket
- Date: Now till April 9, 2023
- Visit any of The Brick Shop’s LEGO Certified Stores to redeem.
12. Clarins Singapore: Free gifts worth up to $315
Love facial products, or need to get started with your skincare regime? Clarins is a great option for you to stock up this Easter 2023, with several good offers:
- Visit their website and click on the cutest Easter egg. You'll get a surprise gift —we got a promo code to redeem a scrub with minimum $100 spend.
- Get a free gift set of up to nineitems (worth up to $315) with $350 spend. Alternatively, get smaller gift sets with $180 spend or $250 spend.
- Choose a discounted Clarins product and get an Easter Mystery Bag to go with it. It'll contain a six-piecegift worth up to $123.
Clarins Easter sale
- Date: Now till April 16, 2023
- Shop Clarins’ Easter promotions online.
13. Singapore Mint: Good Friday Easter Sale up to 57%off
Yup, the Singapore Mint doesn't just sell coins. This Easter holiday season, the Singapore Mint is holding a Good Friday Easter Sale on several gold-foil and silver-plated figurines and frames.
We see discounts of up to 57 per cent off, and the best part is that both members and non-members get to enjoy these limited-time prices. Normally, you'd need to pay $200 (lifetime membership) or $50 (one-year membership) to enjoy member discounts.
Singapore Mint: Good Friday Easter Sale
- Date: Ongoing now, end date unspecified.
- View Good Friday Easter Sale items online
14. Grand Copthorne Waterfront: 3x points and $20 dining credit
Who knew Easter would be a great time to go on a staycation? At Grand Copthorne Waterfront, book and stay byApril 28,2023 to stand a chance to get triple points and $20 F&B credit.
Do note your period of stay needs to fall somewhere between now and April 28,2023. You also need to be a My Millennium member to qualify, but on the plus side, membership is free!
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Easter Sale
- Dates: Book and stay now till April 28,2023
- Book Grand Copthorne Waterfront rooms online.
15. LINK Outlet Warehouse sale: Up to 80% off
There's nothing like a good old warehouse sale to get stuff at the lowest prices.
LINK Outlet offers affordable, off-season deals on sports and lifestyle items, such as footwear, clothing, bags, and other accessories. It looks like they hold a warehouse sale every few months or so, and their latest is happening this Easter weekend.
One product you can get at rock bottom prices is a pair of Crocs from the RX line range. While these usually cost from $70 to $114, they're going for just $25 a pair this Easter weekend!
LINK Outlet Warehouse sale
- Date and time:April 6 to9,2023, 11am to7pm
- Address: 9 Chang Charn Road, Singapore 159638
16. Mummys Market Baby Fair @ Expo: Over 250,000 products and brands
Calling all mums, dads, and parents-to-be! You don't want to miss this mega baby fair happening at the Singapore Expo this Easter weekend.
Boasting over 250,000 products and brands, the Mummys Market Baby Fair is apparently the biggest baby fair in not just Singapore, but the whole of Southeast Asia. If you register with them online, you'll also receive a pregnancy goodie bag, discount coupons, and a full list of exclusive deals and early bird specials. We're not sure how big the discounts will be, but the sheer size of the fair is impressive enough to warrant a trip down even if the bun is still in the oven.
Mummys Market Baby Fair @ Expo
- Dates:April 7 to9,2023
- Time: Friday & Saturday,11am to9pm; Sunday,11am to8pm
- Address: Singapore Expo Hall 5
- Visit the Mummys Market Baby Fair website to register for exclusive deals and a pregnancy goodie bag
ALSO READ:Egg-citing Easter meals for the whole family
This article was first published in MoneySmart.
Easter is one of the two Christian holidays celebrated in Singapore.What to do on Good Friday in Singapore? ›
- 01 • Songkran Festival at Wild Wild Wet. ...
- 02 • Jewel-rassic Quest at Jewel Changi Airport. ...
- 03 • Gallery of Secrets: The Lost Lily treasure hunt. ...
- 04 • Waterbike SG Sea Adventure at Pasir Ris Beach.
In Singapore, people commonly celebrate the festival by taking part in Easter Egg hunts and consuming lots of chocolate and marshmallow.Does Singapore close for Easter? ›
Easter Sunday is a public holiday. It is a day off for the general population, and schools and most businesses are closed.Are things closed on Good Friday in Singapore? ›
It is a day off for the general population, and schools and most businesses are closed. Good Friday commemorates Jesus' death on the cross.What is open on Good Friday in Singapore? ›
Everything is as per normal. Shopping malls, restaurants, bars, tourists' sights and attractions are open.Is Good Friday public holiday Singapore? ›
On 6 April 2021, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) released a list of Singapore's public holidays for 2022. There will be a total of 6 long weekends in 2022, with those public holidays falling either on a Friday, Sunday, or Monday. The 1 public holiday that falls on a Friday is: Good Friday (15 April)What is Singapore most important holiday? ›
Vesak Day. Marking the auspicious birth, enlightenment, and death of the great Lord Buddha, Vesak day is one of the most significant and holiest Singapore festivals. Vesak day falls on the 15th day of the fourth month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar.What are Singapore's traditions? ›
Some popular Singaporean customs and traditions are: While meeting a Singaporean formally or informally, make sure to shake hands firmly with all, even when departing. A slight bow while shaking hands is considered respectful. Take off the shoes before entering anyone's house.Is Singapore open during Easter? ›
Easter celebrations in Singapore is known as Good Friday and it is designated as a public holiday in the country and of course schools and many work offices will be closed.
Is Easter Saturday a Public Holiday? Even though Easter Saturday falls on Saturday, April 8, 2023, it is a working day. Most businesses follow regular opening hours in Singapore.Is Good Friday a public holiday in Singapore 2023? ›
*Vesak Day has been revised to 2 June 2023 following the Singapore Buddhist Federation's announcement. Get your new calendars ready and mark these dates! Two public holiday falls on a Friday: Good Friday (7 April 2023)Which country has the longest Easter break? ›
Norway has one of the longest Easter celebration / holiday breaks in the world. It begins on Maundy Thursday (the Thursday before Easter) and lasts until the Monday following Easter (known as “the second Easter day”). Many people have off work during this time and schools are closed the entire week before Easter.Can you have alcohol on Good Friday? ›
While many Catholics may choose to abstain from alcohol on Fridays and holy days, there is no formal injunction against drinking beer, wine or spirits. Good Friday may be a somber day, but it does not necessarily have to be a perfectly sober one.Are shops open in Singapore on public holidays? ›
Are shops open during public holidays in Singapore? Most shops are open on public holidays in Singapore. As a general rule, you'll find areas quieter than usual during religious festivals that are important to a particular ethnic group in Singapore.Is Saturday a working day in Singapore? ›
Singapore has a 5 day work week consisting of Monday to Friday.What to eat on a Friday night Singapore? ›
- Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant. Source: facebook.com. ...
- Beach Road Scissors Cut Curry Rice (Jian Dao Jian) ...
- Niqqi's The Cheese Prata Shop. ...
- Al-Ameen Eating House. ...
- Hai Xian Zhu Zhou (Ke Kou Mian) ...
- Guan Kee Grill Seafood. ...
- Spize. ...
- Springleaf Prata.
- Raffles Place. Raffles Place is one of the most iconic places in Singapore to visit at night. ...
- Marina Bay. Marina Bay is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Singapore at night. ...
- Gardens By The Bay. ...
- Clarke Quay. ...
- Chinatown. ...
- Sentosa Island. ...
- Orchard Road. ...
- Little India.
Business hours are normally 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. from Monday-Friday. Singapore Government agencies and many private sector companies are closed on Saturday. Shops are normally open every day from 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.Does everyone have off on Good Friday? ›
Good Friday is another day at work for many Americans, as it is not a national holiday. Some people may choose to take a day off work and have a long “Spring Break” weekend. In some states, employees are given a day off on Good Friday.
Good Friday is an important Christian holiday celebrated two days before Easter Sunday, commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus. However, it is not a federal holiday in the United States. That means post offices and most governmental offices will be open.What happens when a public holiday falls on a Sunday in Singapore? ›
Currently when a public holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday will be, by law, a holiday. But if the public holiday falls on a Saturday, which is the rest day for many employees who work five-day weeks now, a day off-in-lieu is not mandatory.Do Singaporeans celebrate Holy Week? ›
Since Easter represents the resurrection of Christ, Singaporeans celebrate by indulging in their favorite foods. Part of Singapore's Holy Week traditions is the Easter festivities where children participate in marshmallows and chocolate Easter Egg hunts.What nationalities don't celebrate Easter? ›
There are many other countries that don't have Easter holiday .. including Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bhutan, Cambodia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Laos, Libya, Maldives, Mauritania, North Korea, Oman,Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, United Arab ...What is the biggest celebration in Singapore? ›
Marking the auspicious birth, enlightenment, and death of the great Lord Buddha, Vesak day is one of the most significant and holiest Singapore festivals. Vesak day falls on the 15th day of the fourth month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar.Which is the most celebrated event in Singapore? ›
Singapore National Day
The day is celebrated by holding a parade, followed by choreographed dances and much more. Every Singaporean takes pride in their country, people and their harmony.
The Universal Studios is a fantastic location to visit with kids in Singapore in April. Singapore Cruises and Night Safari also provide experiences kids love. Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Singapore River Festival are the two main festivals in Singapore in April.Do you have quarantine in Singapore? ›
Singapore is open to all travellers without quarantine or testing requirements, regardless of their COVID-19 vaccination status.Is Good Friday a holiday in Singapore? ›
Good Friday is a public holiday. It is a day off for the general population, and schools and most businesses are closed. Good Friday commemorates Jesus' death on the cross.Is Sunday off in Singapore? ›
The 4 public holidays that fall on a Sunday are: Labour Day (1 May) Vesak Day (15 May) Hari Raya Haji (10 July)
*Vesak Day has been revised to 2 June 2023 following the Singapore Buddhist Federation's announcement. Get your new calendars ready and mark these dates! Two public holiday falls on a Friday: Good Friday (7 April 2023)Do shops close on public holidays in Singapore? ›
Are shops open during public holidays in Singapore? Most shops are open on public holidays in Singapore.Is 15 April a public holiday in Singapore? ›
Singapore Public Holidays 2022.
|1 Feb||Tue||Chinese New Year|
|2 Feb||Wed||Chinese New Year Holiday|
|15 Apr||Fri||Good Friday|
|1 May||Sun||Labour Day|
Not a federal holiday due to the fact that it always falls on a Sunday, which is a non-working day for federal and state employees. Many companies that are normally open on Sunday close for Easter.What religion does not celebrate Easter? ›
Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate most holidays or events that honour people who aren't Jesus. That includes birthdays, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and Hallowe'en. They also don't celebrate religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter in the belief that these customs have pagan origins.What are 3 Easter traditions? ›
Easter traditions include sunrise services or late-night vigils, exclamations and exchanges of Paschal greetings, flowering the cross, the wearing of Easter bonnets by women, clipping the church, and the decoration and the communal breaking of Easter eggs (a symbol of the empty tomb).